23 02 2020
Experience Qualities and Skills Required
We’re looking for a proactive and flexible manager who is able to effectively run this well-loved community asset and help build up the membership and community use of the bowls club and the clubhouse whilst working with the committee and existing members to deliver a range of social events and a cost effective bar and café offering.
- Minimum of two years’ experience of managing a members or social club, sports club or bar.
- Experience of customer attraction and customer service
- Recent experience of running a licenced premises
- Experience in the management of a team
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A proactive and creative approach to problem solving
- Health and Safety qualifications
- Strong organisational and administrations skills with relevant IT use
- A basic or better understanding of profit and loss financials and payroll information.
This is a part time role of 15 to 20 hour per week – hours will be discussed.
Pro Rata Salary of £20-25k.
Further bonus incentive of 10% of net profit (if over £15k).
Bowls Club manager tasks and responsibilities
Bar and Café Management:
- Driving revenue by promoting the club and organising events and activities and promoting the use of the clubhouse by other groups and liaison with social committee to put on social events.
- Overseeing hiring of clubhouse for functions, dealing with email/phone bookings, managing diary and staff cover.
- Conducting stock taking, stock ordering and receiving delivery.
- Weekly cash banking and change procurement.
- Ensuring cost-effective bar and café staffing. Including hiring and firing, performance reviews and providing payroll information.
- Facilities management: including overseeing alarms and key holders, managing licencing and leases, overseeing cleaning, managing gaming machines, organising issues such as vermin control and repairs and maintenance.
- Coordination of bar and café with club matches and events requiring catering.
Membership and Bowls Management:
- Maintaining members database
- Collecting members fees and sending out annual joining information
- Processing new members applications and providing joining information
- Overseeing visitor bowls hire and green fee collection
- Opening and sorting mail and managing emails into the club
Communications (working with marketing committee members)
- Emailing re: events and news
- Updating website content and diary when required
- Organising posters / banners to promote matches, events and services
- Social media posting when required